Sunday 5 September 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zobies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

What a cool book!
I remember I started reading Pride and Prejudice (without the zombies) some years ago. It was so boring I fell asleep after about 50 pages and never went back to it. Then I watched the movie a couple of month ago. You know the one with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. And because I fell in love with Mr. Darcy about two minutes after his first appearance I wanted to read the book again. A friend of mine gave me a copy of the zombie version a year ago, so I started.

It's great!! Same story as the classic but with zombies and ninjas. And instead of crying when upset the girls think about how to cut of heads and rip out the man's hearts. Instead of describing the 'wonderful' landscape of England zombie attacks happen and everyone has to fight. So the zombie version is like the manly version. Awesome! It was a really good read, and I hope Mr. Grahame-Smith will co-write more of the classics.

Now I wonder if I am allowed to say that I read Pride and Prejudice. I mean it is one of those books 'you have read'. Shame on me because I thought it was boring with all the crying and landscapes? Or thumbs up for enjoying a good old zombie attack in good old England? 

No comments:

Post a Comment